Let’s quickly examine the Abbott Government’s “achievements” over the last two weeks:
- Tony Abbott undermined the independence of the ABC and banned his ministers from going on Q&A.
- He prevented the Clean Energy Finance Corporation from investing in wind farms.
- He also asked the Clean Energy Finance Corporation to stop investing in rooftop solar.
- He caused division in his Cabinet by approving a coal mine in the Liverpool Plains.
- The OECD rated Australia as the 6th worst in the developed world for women in the ministry.
- His Government and Party started tearing itself apart about marriage equality.
- His $8.43 GP tax came into effect.
- He stopped beef exports to Indonesia
Sadly, this is the kind of fortnight Tony Abbott likes to have . . .