Here’s how conservative media figures have responded to Trump’s latest outburst:
- Fox News contributor Nigel Farage praised Trump for his “bombshell to the establishment” opposition to “globalist structures like the European Union.”
- Fox’s Steve Hilton: “The president is 100 percent right about Brexit.” May is weak and “caved in to the elitist establishment.”
- Fox & Friends host Ainsley Earhardt: Trump is “allowed to” snub British Prime Minister Theresa May and “he’s not afraid of the backlash.”
- Fox host Jeanine Pirro: “I don’t think it matters if [Trump] likes [May] as a person.”
- Breitbart: “Trump just dropped the Mother of all Brexit Bombs on Theresa May.”
- Breitbart also tried to legitimize Trump’s white nationalist view by hyping “significant demographic changes being seen across Europe” and fearmongering about the advent of “culturally alien practices” like female genital mutilation in Europe.
- Anti-Muslim activist Pamela Geller: “Reality vs Fantasy: President Trump warns Europe is ‘losing its culture’ by allowing ‘millions and millions’ of migrants, PM Theresa May praises their’ fantastic contribution’: Reality has a nasty way of shattering delusions. Trump speaks as it is. May…”
- CRTV’s Michelle Malkin attacked “media freaks” for overreacting to Trump’s comments, saying he was just “speaking truth” rather than acting like a “doormat.”
- Fox’s Geraldo Rivera: “He’s a great negotiator, the president.”
Fox host Melissa Francis: “To be clear… #TheresaMay wanted the President to lie about how he felt about her approach Brexit. And he wasn’t willing to lie. I guess #TheResistance & #NeverTrumpers thinks lying & diplomacy and the same thing.”
Asked about Trump’s conduct at the NATO summit and his interview with The
- Sun, YouTube vloggers Diamond & Silk said, “He’s doing an amazing job. He’s standing up for the American people and for America.”
- Right-wing blog HotAir dismissed Trump’s comments, arguing they might actually help May.