LNP money management theory PRIVATISE. Driving Australia to the edge of a cliff.(ODT)
Surely there is a point where the contractor performing the ‘government’ work has to charge more than it would cost the government to perform the work themselves. But by the time that occurs, the government has deliberately deskilled itself to the level where it can’t make the correct call and take back the service provision, so it has to pay.
Global warming and its resultant climate change is no longer a theory.
It is a stark reality, as even a casual reader must grasp:
- 16 of the warmest years on record this century;
- unprecedented melting of the polar ice caps with the Arctic experiencing heat waves;
- many species, including the infectious sort, occurring out of their normal range;
- sea level rise and coastal erosion;
- an extended bushfire season in both hemispheres;
- droughts in Africa, the Middle East, Northern India and Pakistan; and (dare we mention it, Australia)
- global coral reef bleaching.
And the list goes on. Already the effects on human health and well being are widespread.